Your privacy is important to us.
The App and the Company complies with all provincial and federal privacy laws, including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), where applicable.
The collected personal information by the App will only be used by authorized persons in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use that is consistent with that purpose. The App and the Company will not disclose information to other individuals, public bodies or other persons except as authorized or required by law.
How, What and Why Personal Information is Being Collected?
It is the nature of the internet and software application service that internet service providers or web servers automatically collect certain information about your visit to the App (the “Information”). Cookies that store personal information might also be used to assist the App’s functions and services. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or devices by your web browser when using some websites. A cookie may remain on your computer or devices after the internet session finishes. If you wish, you may opt out of having your visit tracked by changing your browser settings. However, your visit may be affected in other ways.
Examples of personal information that might be collected automatically include, but not limited to, the following:
1) Visitor’s Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer the visitor is using, which address may identify the visitor or user of the App;
2) The web browser and operating system you are using;
3) The pages or services you accessed to;
4) If you visited another web page or software application before visiting the App, the web address (URL) of the previous web page if it referred you to the App;
5) The web address (URL) of the first website you visit immediately after you leave the App if the App refers you to that website;
6) The date and time of the visit.
The Information may be collected for the purpose to better understand general user and visitor trends at an aggregate level, to improve the performance, services and maintenance of the App, to ensure proper functioning of the App and to review the effectiveness and usefulness of the App.
The App and the Company may also collect personal information as submitted voluntarily by the visitors and users through the App or to the Company via mail, courier, personal drop-off, fax, email or other delivery methods. This may include, but not limited to, the following:
1) Certificate, qualification and professional designation submitted by users in order to be qualified as a tutor or educator by the App. For example, users registered as tutors, educators or teachers may voluntarily upload copies of their academic degree certificate or other professional certificates.
2) Identity documents, result of a criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check, result of a credit check, result of a background check or other documents relating to the personal and private information of the visitor and user of the App. For example, adult users who would like to be qualified as tutors, educators or teachers to provide one-on-one tutoring services to student users may voluntarily upload copies of their government-issued identification card, result of criminal record check and credit check, etc.
3) Credit card, debit card or other bank account or financial information of the visitors and users of the App when they place an order through the App, when they use their credit card, debit card or other online payment methods, including but not limited to Apple Pay, WeChat Pay and Ali Pay, to make a payment through the App or when they receive refunds. PLEASE NOTE: if you make a payment through the App your payment details are not held by the App or the Company but are collected by our third party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of such transactions. You SHOULD review and learn the security and risk of such transactions and consent to the security policies of our third party payment processors before you process with any of your financial transactions through the APP.
4) The contact details, including but not limited to email addresses or telephone numbers that are voluntarily submitted and provided by visitors and users of the App. Such voluntarily provided personal information might be submitted and provided for the purpose to allow the App to contact the visitor or user by email, telephone or other contact details or to subscribe to the App’s newsletters and emails; and
5) Other information and documents voluntarily submitted and provided by the visitors and users to the App and to the Company.
The Information may be collected for the purpose to operate the App and deliver the services you have requested, to inform you of other products or services available from the App, the Company and its affiliates or to conduct research about your opinion of the services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The collected personal information by the App and the Company will only be used by authorized persons in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use that is consistent with that purpose. The App and the Company will not disclose information to other individuals, public bodies or other persons except as authorized or required by law.
The App and the Company may also use your personal information for any other purpose permitted by the applicable law.
The App and the Company may transfer, process and store your personal information to affiliated entities or to other third party service providers across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, and your personal information may therefore be disclosed, transferred, stored (including electronically) or processed in such other jurisdictions for the purposes described herein.
In particular, by accessing or using the App or otherwise providing personal information to the App and the Company, you specifically acknowledge the processing and transfer of personal information in and to the United States of America (“U.S”) and that any personal information which is disclosed, transferred, stored or processed in the U.S. may be subject to legal requirements of that jurisdiction, including the United States USA PATRIOT Act, which facilitates, among other things, the ability of U.S authorities to conduct searches and to seize or compel the disclosure of records which may contain your personal information.
If you choose to use the App or any of the services or online platforms the Company operates from the EU or European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian or U.S. law, then please note that you may be transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. or Canada for storage and processing by our service providers. We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information from the EU/EEA to the U.S. or Canada.
We may share your personal information with our service providers, including those who help deliver our products and services, help us process transactions, such as charging your credit card when you make purchases, help us market our products and services, and otherwise help us operate our business. These third parties are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information except in connection with providing services to us.
Third Party Social Media Account
The App may allow you to sign up and/or log into the App using your other social media account, for example, your Facebook account. If you sign up using your other social media account, or otherwise link your other social media account and your accounts with the App, your other social media account may ask your permission to share certain personal information from your other social media account with the App. This may include your first name, last name, email address, gender, general location, a link to your other social media account profile, your time zone, birthday, profile picture, your "likes" and your list of friends. If you choose to grant that permission to your other social media account, it will share that information with the App on an ongoing basis and we will treat information we receive from your other social media account the same as if you provided that information directly to the App and the Company. You can control the information that we receive from your other social media account using the privacy settings in your account with other social media services.
If you provide or submit your personal information through the App or to the Company, you are consenting to the App’s use of the personal information in order to contact you or for any other purpose reasonably connected to the provision of your personal information.
As permitted by applicable privacy legislation, the App and the Company reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law and regulations.
The App and the Company comply with industry standard means to store collected data, information or documents and for other enforcement and security purposes. The App and the Company use physical, administrative and electronic procedures to attempt to keep personal information secure. These means of protecting and maintaining the security of the personal information help to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and ensure the appropriate use of the personal information once the App and the Company have received it. The App and the Company are aiming at protecting the personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against risks and threatens to the personal information collected by the App and by the Company.
The personal information submitted and provided by the visitors and users of the App or collected by the App or the Company will only be used to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use that is directly related to that purpose.
The personal information will only be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to meet any legal requirements.
The access to the personal information is restricted and limited only to authorized persons in order to fulfill the purposes of collecting it in their duties.
The App and the Company use industry standard means to protect against unauthorized access to the personal information and to ensure the data is transmitted over secured networks.
The App and the Company will not disclose information to other individuals, organizations, businesses, public bodies or other entities except as authorized or required by law and in accordance with applicable legislations.
While the App and the Company take appropriate safeguards with your personal information, we advises visitors and users of the App that no site, online or physical protection of personal information can be completely secure and the internet is not a completely secure medium and we will not guarantee that our protection of the personal information can be completely secure. The submission and provision of any personal information or documents through the App or to the Company will be at your own risk. You should not send confidential or sensitive information by the internet or by other electronic transactions, including but not limited to email, fax, online submission, unless you take appropriate precautions.
1) 14 years old for U.S., Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia, China and South Korea; and
2) 13 years old for all other countries.
The services offered by the App and the Company also are not intended for use by children under the age of the Minimum Age without parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of the Minimum Age without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of the Minimum Age, please contact us. We will need to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child under the age of the Minimum Age to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
In any event, the services provided by the App and the Company are not designed nor intended for use by children or anyone else under the age of 13.
Update (2020-04-16): Non-Recording Agreement
Recording may only take place with the knowledge and explicit consent of ALL (not just one) clients, tutors, students and other persons present during a session or other interaction, whether face-to-face or taking place by live textual, audio, or video link. Consent for each recording must take the form of dated written signatures from all persons on a paper form available for that purpose, with a copy to each person recorded. Additionally the recording itself must include the live consent of all persons present, with such consent stated at the start of the recording or when they join a session or interaction already in progress.